MARKETING, STORY AND COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIST 2016-present
Call Center Manager, Manager of Business Development
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union, Winston Salem, NC
• Create and manage strategic marketing campaigns and communications that support the credit union’s growth strategy and goals.
• Utilizes creative solutions to direct the design, development and distribution of company communications through established brand guidelines. Develop, produce, and manage communications channels to deliver consistent messaging to engage members and non-members to create a value proposition.
• Create and implement marketing campaigns and events to promote the overall objectives of the strategic plan. Set goals, measure activities and report results.
• In less than two months, increased organization’s social media presence, reach and engagement by over 100%
• Increased media presence through press releases and generated lead stories
• Simultaneously manage and direct the organization’s Call Center and Business Development team in addition to Marketing, Story and Communications strategist role.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING 2013- 2016
Greensboro College, Greensboro, NC
• Oversaw all aspects of the college’s integrated marketing communications efforts to increase the college's visibility, brand awareness, reputation, and engagement with key external constituencies, especially prospective undergraduate and graduate students as well as the community
• Led marketing initiative for Healing Blues Project which generated revenue for the Interactive Resource Center
and brought media attention (TV, Print, Radio (regional and international) and pr to the project and the plight of homelessness in Greensboro
• Supported the college’s Advancement division increasing donor support
• Oversaw and produced all graphic design and alumni communications
• Produced and directed all advertising and public relations activities including website, collateral, print advertising
• Produced, designed and executed all Admissions materials
• Developed an integrated plan for Admissions recruitment efforts resulting in an increase in admissions numbers (first increase in four years)
MARKETING MANAGER 2011- 2013
Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC
• Managed, developed and conceived organization’s overall Marketing Plan, Strategy and Concept
• Manage all major events- concept, execution and promotion
• Responsible for Project Management including but not limited to new Web Development, CRM and execution of first Annual Review for division
• Conceptualized, developed and launched organization’s Social Network
• Develop and produce PR for all Store Events and University Events that coincide with Stores
• Responsible for all graphic design for advertising, web presence, and internal communications
• Marketing efforts contributed to Textbooks exceeding goal by 113% and overall University Stores exceeding goal for the first time in four years
MARKETING DIRECTOR/OWNER 2006-2011
FRESH Productions and Marketing, Winston-Salem, NC / Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Conceived marketing campaigns for clients targeted to specific media channels and resources
• Produced community wide events including Tobacco Road Music Series- designed and promoted Triad Events website
• Developed Marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, websites, business materials, brand identity and company imaging resources
• Responsible for all Creative Development of direct marketing campaigns, marketing materials, promotions, and publicity campaigns, brand identity, special events and media relations
• Wrote and monitored blogs, web outlets and utilized viral marketing techniques
SENIOR EDITOR/COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER 2006-2008 & 2009-2011
Who’s Who Illustrated, LLC/ Valacious, LLC- St. Augustine, Florida
• Led style and content of 7+ publications in three states
• Responsible for the writing and editing of profiles of business leaders and entrepreneurs across multiple lines of business and under time sensitive deadlines
• Successfully maintained and increased client base by designing and implementing strategic customer-retention projects.
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER 2008 - 2009
WACHOVIA/WELLS FARGO, Nielsen Claritas, Charlotte, NC
• Managed assigned account that was $600 billion in assets
• Prepared and delivered client presentations to assist in the understanding of the demographic characteristics, lifestyle behaviors and purchase preferences that drive customer decisions.
• Identified cross-sell opportunities
• Provided applications support and training on the use of software products, databases, and segmentation services.
• Prepared technical specifications & written analysis for custom projects
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING 2008
Piedmont Aviation Credit Union, Winston Salem, NC
• Redesigned website, positioned it for greater internet exposure, served as primary consultant in user experience design aligning with corporate objectives and incorporating user interface project goals
• Responsible for Corporate, Shareholder, and Member Communications
• Designed and executed campaigns for CD/MM/Fixed Rate Mortgage and Auto Loan Recapture netting over 4 million in revenue in less than 3 weeks
• Executed overall marketing campaign strategy, tripling 2007’s campaign initiatives and netting over 13 million before close of 2nd Quarter representing 36% of annual earnings
• Responsible for Event Marketing and Community Investment Planning- exceeded goal by 32%
CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER May 2006- May 2007
InterAct Public Safety Systems, Winston Salem, NC
• Simultaneously held positions as Corporate Development Manager, ISO Certification Director, Manager of Customer Care and Lead Auditor
• Oversaw process improvement initiatives across all company channels.
• Assigned additional responsibility as Leader of Customer Care Team members across multiple locations. Coached and Developed team members in core values.
• Appointed as Director of ISO9000 Certification- Responsible for the development and documentation of company-wide procedures and policies to support company-wide project that netted 25M in government contracts. Successful in attaining ISO Certification within 7 months, across four sites and multiple processes
VICE PRESIDENT 1996-2006
Consumer Real Estate, Bank of America, N.A. , Charlotte, NC
• Managed Communications and Procedure functions for all call centers across Fortune 500 company footprint, directed team of 5 Communications Subject Matter Experts for a team of 7000+ associates
• Served as a Process Improvement Expert, Manager and Project Leader in Telephone Banking, Communications and Procedure, Consumer Credit Services and Consumer Real Estate.
• Created and managed Executive Response Team, Support Line Call Center, Provisional Credit, Credit Bureau and Loan/LOC Research Divisions. Responsible for all operations, support and the ongoing development of 117 associates and managers.
• Reduced complaints by 30% and reduced cycle time for OCC issue resolution by 50% in one year
• Managed Consumer Credit Services Call Center, Executive Response and Office of the President teams. Responsible for influencing the productivity and workflow of 150+ employees and 10 managers. Mentored 42 Team Leaders in Leadership and Company Core Values
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Arts Degree, English Literature • University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, NC USA
Masters Program, MLA • University of North Carolina – Greensboro, NC, USA
Masters Studies, Operational Management- Marketing • University of Phoenix- Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Fine Arts Studies • St. Andrews University- Laurinburg, NC
British Standards Institution Certified Auditor • Southern Polytechnic University- Marietta, Georgia USA
Proficient in MS Word, InDesign, Illustrator, Word Press, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Publisher, Corel, Photoshop
AWARDS AND ADDITIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
• Member of PWWS (Professional Women of Winston Salem)
• Instructor, Digital Arts and Marketing Your Art, Sawtooth School for Visual Arts 2014- present
• Staff Advisory Council Member- Wake Forest University – 2013
• Humane Society- Best in Show Marketing Liaison 2013- 2014
• Media Chair- Marketing/PR- ArtsFest 2013- current
• Freelance Journalist- Currently published in 3 countries
• Committee Member, 2011 Wake Forest University Communications Committee
Board Member, 2008-2009 The Bell Initiative, UNC-G Entrepreneurship in the Arts Program
Committee Member/Facilitator , 2008-2012 Piedmont Triad Partnership Program
Coordinator for Team Little Guy Micro Community Grant Fundraiser, 2007- Exceeded goal by 40%
Recipient of Bank of America National Customer Experience Annual Leadership Award achieved by top 1% of the organization
Board Director, City Arts Coalition, Greensboro, NC - 2004 – Developed marketing strategies, fund raising approaches, led team to address financial and artistic goals of City Arts
Leader for Arts Council Campaign, Bank of America- 2003 – Organized presentations, enrollment for 1500+ associates
Board Member, African American Atelier 2003 - 2004 – Developed marketing plans and materials, led fundraising activities
Board Member, Arts Council Committee on Giving, 2003 – Allotted grants for 40+ Arts and Music groups
Leader, Arts and Sciences Campaign, 2000 Bank of America – Exceeded goal by 22%
Leader, Arts and Sciences Campaign, 1996 NationsBank – Achieved highest participation rate in the history of the Telephone Banking Division and exceeded goal by 42%